honk filtering and censorship
The honk filtering and censorship system,
hfcs, controls what messages are seen and how they
are presented to the user. Filter rules are based on a series of matches and
actions. It is accessed via the filters menu
Each filter has an optional name and notes for user defined purposes.
The following match types are possible. All nonempty criteria must match.
- Match an actor or domain name. Matches against actor property.
- include audience
- Previous match is applied against to and cc fields as well.
- Regular expression match against the post content. The special value of "." will match any post with a summary only.
- is reply
- A reply to another post.
- is announce
- Is announced (shared).
- announce of
- Limit prevous match to only specified actor or domain name.
The following actions may be applied. Multiple actions may be applied, but some are subsumed by others.
- Reject this message entirely.
- skip media
- Don't include images or attachments.
- Remove this message from most feeds.
- Show only a short summary with click to view content.
- Rewrite message content, using replace replacement text.
The text and rewrite
fields are case insensitive word anchored regular expressions. Specifically,
an argument ‘
re’ will be automatically
rewritten as ‘
replace text may refer to submatches using $1,
A post marked sensitive that does not otherwise contain a summary will have an invisible summary of “unspecified horror” that can be matched against and will appear if the post is collapsed.
An optional expiration may be specified as a duration. XdYhZm for X days, Y hours, and Z minutes.
Not seeing is not erasing.